The software of your Nokia Car Kit can be updated by contacting your local installer or Nokia Care point.
Instructions for local installers and customer care points
The software update tool will update your Nokia Car Kit with the latest available software.
PC system requirements
Available hard disk space: 25 MBOperating system: - Microsoft Windows XP SP3 x32/x64 or Vista SP2 x32/x64 or Win7 x32/x64 - Microsoft .NET 2.0 framework Connection methods: Nokia compatible USB cable for connecting your device to your computer.
Instructions for updating the software:
- Download Nokia Car Kit Software Updater tool from http://dl.nokia.com/ns/kics_FA139361/NokiaCarKitSwUpdater.exe and save it to your computer.
- Install Nokia Car Kit Software Updater. The wizard will install the tool and the Nokia USB cable driver if needed. Accept installation of drivers (if such warnings appear).
- Launch Nokia Car Kit Software Updater, click on the arrow to start the update, and follow instructions.
- If Internet connection is permanently available, then select Download software and update device. Otherwise, you may firstly to download a new software by Download software only, and than when Internet is not available to update device by Update device with local software.
- Connect the Nokia USB cable to your Nokia Car Kit.
- Nokia Car Kit Software Updater will check for new updates on the Nokia Firmware Server. This can take several minutes, which depends on speed of Internet connection you have.
- Accept the license agreement and the firmware will start reflashing of the device.
- You can be prompted again to accept installation and use of a driver.
- Wait for the new software to be updated. Enjoy your updated Car Kit!
* If you do not have a USB driver for your Nokia Car Kit installed (for instance you declined installation of drivers when it was prompted), install it following the instructions at the bottom of this page.
** In case of failure during software update (for instance cable got disconnected) you may need to reset power of the device (switch power off/on).
Instructions for installing the USB driver:
Please note: It is recommended that you always use the same USB port for software updates. By doing this, you avoid having to install the driver again for each USB port.
- Connect your Nokia Car Kit to your PC with Nokia USB cable.
- The Found New Hardware Wizard will appear. Select No, not this time.
- Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced).
- Select Search for the best driver in these locations and enable Include this location in the search. Using the Browse button, select the path C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Car Kit Software Updater\Drivers\CK-300 (example for CK-300).
- Select Continue Anyway and wait for the driver to be installed.
- Click Finish. Please note that you need to install the driver again during the firmware update process when prompted.
Note: Online Help (?) of Nokia Software Updater does not work.