You can transfer your contacts, calendar entries, to-dos, pictures, videos, music and office documents to your Lumia (505, 510, 610, 710, 800 and 900). Some content, such as text and multimedia messages, or DRM protected music, you can back up on your computer, and some data you cannot transfer to your phone.
These instructions may not apply to all phone models and manufacturers.Contacts
- You can transfer your contacts from your old phone easily using the Contacts Transfer app. The Contacts Transfer is on the main applications menu on your phone. If you do not have this app, you can download it from Store (formerly Marketplace).
- For more information, watch the video (English) and learn how to copy contacts to your Nokia Lumia phone.
- If you have previously had a micro-SIM or micro-RUIM card, you can also copy your contacts from your card to your phone.
- If your contacts and calendar are stored online as part of an online service, such as Google Account, Microsoft Exchange, set up that account on your phone and your contacts and calendar entries are imported automatically.
- For more information, please see the related article 'How can I transfer my contacts, calendar entries and to-dos to my Lumia (Windows Phone 7)?'. You can use the search field on this page to find this.
- To transfer your media files, connect your phone to the computer with a compatible USB cable, and launch the Zune PC software. To download and install the latest version on your PC, or to learn more about Zune, go to support.xbox.com/zune/software/download.
- If you are using an Apple Mac, download Windows Phone App from Mac App Store.
- For more information, please see the related articles: 'How can I transfer my pictures and videos to my Lumia (Windows Phone 7)?' 'How can I transfer my music to my Lumia (Windows Phone 7)?'. You can use the search field on this page to find those FAQ's.
- You can use SkyDrive cloud storage to transfer the Office documents.
- To use SkyDrive, you need a Microsoft (Live ID) Account. If you do not have a Microsoft Account, you can create one at live.com, or using your phone. For more information, see the user guide of your phone.
Other content on your old phone
- You can use the appropriate software to store your text and multimedia messages, notes, browser bookmarks, and DRM protected music and videos and their licenses on your computer.
- You cannot transfer settings from your old phone to your Lumia. For more information about configuring the settings in your phone, see the user guide of your phone.