How can I update my Lumia?
- Install the Zune PC software on your computer. You will need this software to download the phone update.
- Connect your phone to your computer, using the USB cable that came with your phone. Before starting the update, make sure your phone has enough battery power.
- If the Zune PC software does not start automatically when you connect your phone, start it manually.
- In the Zune PC software, click Update Now. Make sure you keep your phone connected to your computer until you see a notification that the update is complete.
How do I prepare for an update?
- Before starting the update, make sure your phone has enough battery power. If the battery level is low, charge the battery before starting the update.
- Check that your phone is set to the correct date and time (Settings > date+time). With a wrong date or time, your phone will not be able to access the updates.
- Make enough space on your phone for the update. If necessary, remove a few unwanted apps or other large items. To see how much free space you have on your phone, on the start screen, swipe left to the apps menu, tap Settings > About, and check the amount of available space.
- Free up space on your computer, as you need enough space to download the software update, and to save a backup of your existing phone software, settings, and media files.
- Also check out this video (English) on YouTube with instructions for update.
What if I have trouble installing an update?
If there is a problem, try the Installing or updating your Windows Phone 7 software wizard. It provides step-by-step instructions to resolve the most common problems. If you get an error code, write it down. To find out what went wrong and what you can do about it, check this page.
Your phone is backed up automatically when you update your phone software. Should there be any problems later, you can restore your phone to its previous state. Instructions how to create or restore a backup to your phone can be found from www.windowsphone.com, then search for How-To article Troubleshooting phone update errors.