The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during Flight mode is comply with regulations.There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- How long does it take to start up the phone for the first time?
- What can I do to free up the phone memory on my Lumia?
- What are the known limitations with App Social Beta for Lumia phone?
- How do I install applications from the memory card on my Nokia Lumia phone?
- What is the Nokia Care application on my Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8?