Option 1 - Microsoft Exchange server is used an Outlook account
On your phone, set up your mail account through Settings > email+accounts > add an account > Outlook.
The following settings are required. Usually these can be obtained from the system administrator for the Exchange server:
- Mail address.
- User name (usually the same as the login name for the business PC).
- Password (usually the same as the password for the business PC).
- The Microsoft Exchange server Domain.
- The address for the Microsoft Exchange server.
Option 2 - Microsoft Outlook is used for private mail account(s)
On your phone, set up the mail account as a separate mail account through Settings > email+accounts > add an account > Microsoft account.
On your PC, the Outlook Hotmail Connector needs to be installed to synchronize with the primary Microsoft Account and with the Lumia (if you are using Microsoft Office Outlook 2013, you can skip the parts about installing the Hotmail Connector since it natively supports Exchange ActiveSync option).
You need to have:
- Microsoft Account (Windows Live) ID.
- Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector downloaded and installed on your computer (Microsoft Outlook 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010).
- Microsoft Account set up on your phone.
To download and install Microsoft Office Hotmail Connector, search for it at office.microsoft.com, and follow the displayed instructions. You may need to restart your computer, and install additional software.
More information on setting up a mail account can be found here.
If you cannot find a solution to your problem in the information above, you can also use the search field on this page or the Windows Phone support pages.