The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during Flight mode is comply with regulations.There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- When will Lumia Black update be available?
- What content can I copy using Transfer my Data app from an old phone to my new Nokia Lumia?
- Emails sent with my Lumia do not appear in Yahoo! Mail
- How can I transfer my phone data onto my new Lumia phone?
- How can I get the Transfer my Data application on my Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8?