The MixRadio Windows 8 application relies upon your windows music library to find your songs. To add extra storage locations, like your USB stick or memory card, you will need to tell windows about them.
This can be done in just a few simple steps:
- Open your start menu and type “File Explorer” and click the item
- On the left hand side, expand the “Libraries” item and then select “Music”, you should now see a “Manage” tab at the top of the screen
- Click on the “Manage” tab and then “Manage Library” button, you should now see a new window allowing you to add your other favourite location
- Select “Add” and open “Computer” to find your folder – for example your USB flash drive – and click on it
- When you Click “Include Folder”, It should now appear in the list
- Click “Ok” to confirm, your music library will now include the songs in that folder so the MixRadio Windows 8 app will be able to see it.
Only songs which end with a supported file extension (e.g. MP3) will be shown in your music library. In addition, due to limitations with all Windows Store Applications, MixRadio cannot support DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected songs. Any DRM songs will not be shown in your My Music library.
To force the MixRadio Windows 8 app to refresh your music collection, do the following;On the My Music screen, simply open the AppBar by swiping up from the bottom of the screen or right clicking with your mouse in any black area. You can then click on the “Refresh” button in the bottom right corner, which will force MixRadio to re-import your songs.