Maps 3.06 is available at Nokia Store for selected Symbian devices and can be installed in the following way:
- Uninstall first Nokia Maps and Ovi Maps in Application mgr if they can be found in the list of installed applications (check in Settings > Application mgr. > Installed apps. and select Options > Uninstall to uninstall the old versions).
- Start Nokia Store client on your device.
- Search for "Ovi Maps" or "Nokia Maps".
- Select Download to start the installation.
- After the installation is completed, Maps will start up. Select Yes if prompted to delete the old map data ("This version of Maps is not compatible with the old map data stored on your device. Delete old map data?").
- Exit Maps.
- Connect the device via USB to PC running Nokia Suite and download the new map data in Nokia Suite menu View > Go to > Maps.
Note that the old map data is not compatible with version 3.06 and you need to delete the old data and re-download new map data when upgrading from an older Maps version.
In addition to Nokia Store, Maps 3.06 may also be available via the following channels for your device:
- Via Nokia Suite: plug in your device to PC and check in Nokia Suite menu Tools > Software updates if Maps 3.06 is available for installation.
- Via Software Update in your device: check in SW Update menu (e.g. in Menu > Applications > SW Update) for updates available for installation over-the-air.
It is recommended to do the update with Nokia Suite if possible. When updating via Nokia Suite, the Maps application and the map data will automatically be updated. With the other update methods the new map data needs to be separately downloaded to the device after the application update.
How helpful was this to you?
Thank you for rating
Thank you for your feedback