Keep your phone working at its best...
Look out for update notifications and download by connecting to Zune.
Read on to find out how...
Free software updates from Nokia and Microsoft keep your phone working at its best. When an update is available, we'll notify you on your phone. After you have received the notification, pick a convenient time to install the update on your phone which can take up to an hour. If you miss the notification or don't have time to install the update, we'll remind you again in a few days.
How can I update Nokia with Windows Phone?
- Install the Zune software (Windows) or Windows Phone 7 Connector (Mac OS) on your computer. You'll need this software to download the phone update.
- Connect your phone to your computer, using the USB cable that came with your phone.
- If the Zune software or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac doesn't start automatically when you connect your phone, start it manually.
- In the Zune software, click Update Now (in Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac, click Install Updates). Make sure you keep your phone connected to your computer until you see a notification that the update is complete.
Note: When you install an update, all of your settings, applications and media files are preserved.
Anything else you need to know about updating your Nokia with Windows Phone?
How do I prepare for an update?
1. Verify that your phone is set to the correct date and time. That helps us determine which updates you need.
2. If your battery level is low, connect your phone to a charger before starting the update.
3. Make some room on your phone for the update. If necessary, remove a few unwanted applications or other large items. To see how much free space you have on your phone, select Start, then flick left to the Applications list, choose Settings > About and look at the number to the right of Available storage.
4. Free up space on your computer as you will need some room to download the software update, to save a backup of your existing phone software and settings and possibly to synchronise media files from your phone to your computer.
What will I get & when?
- To ensure quality, we release updates in waves. Many factors influence when you'll receive an update, including which phone model you have and which company provides your mobile service. We're committed to publish updates in a timely manner, but don't be surprised if it takes a few weeks for us to notify you that an update is available for your phone.
- The scope of each update varies. Sometimes we'll include only a few minor fixes or tweaks and sometimes we'll include brand new features. To see what new features and improvements are included in the latest software update for your phone, have a look on our product specific support pages. To check which operating system (OS) is currently installed on your Nokia with Windows phone, select Start, flick left to the Applications list and then choose Settings > About > More info.
What if I have trouble installing an update?
- We recommend using the Installing or updating your Windows Phone 7 software wizard first. It provides step-by-step instructions to resolve the most common problems.
- If you need more information on Error codes and how to solve corresponding issues, please check this page.
- You can restore your phone to its previous state with the backup that was made during the update process.
If you can't find a solution to your problem in the information above, you can also try our FAQ search or the Microsoft support pages.