Ensuring decent working conditions and fair employment
- Increase employee awareness on the importance and impact of open reporting to ensure our employees feel comfortable raising possible ethics concerns
- Maintain and improve our overall employee engagement, progress towards 90% favorable
- Maintain and improve overall employee support for our company direction
- Establish a firm understanding for Nokia’s culture and vision
- Revise and start implementing a new diversity strategy and action plan
- Further strengthen our commitment to privacy and freedom of expression and become a full member of the Global Network Initiative by March 2017
Maintaining world-class environmental performance in our own operations
- Reduce our overall electricity consumption from our facilities (scope 1 & 2) by 2%, compared to 2015.
- Reduce our CO2 emissions from our facilities (scope 1 and 2) by 2%, compared to 2015.
- Further develop our low-emission fleet and maintain related emissions below the market average.
- Further investigate the scientific target-setting methodology for our greenhouse gas emissions to better understand what our greenhouse gas reduction target should be in order to do our share in keeping global warming below 2°C.
Helping operators deal with the growth in mobile data traffic in a sustainable way
- Improve the energy efficiency of our products in each main release by 15%.
- Work with our customers to help them reduce the energy consumption of their telecommunications networks through our innovative product solutions.
- To phase out and substitute the four phthalates restricted by RoHS Commission Delegated Directive 2015/863: Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), Butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), Dibutyl phthalate (DBP), and Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP) by the end of 2016.
- Continue to expand the Zero CO2 Emission offering with new innovations.
- As part of our Technology Vision 2020, our goal is to keep absolute network energy consumption essentially flat over the coming years.
Enhancing sustainability in our supply chain
- 40 in-depth audits.
- Complete the roll out of health and safety qualification tracking for all suppliers, phase-out non-compliant suppliers and automate this process to enable better traceability.
- Continue encouraging our suppliers to report their climate impacts via CDP with a target to have 200 suppliers involved.
- Have 100 of our suppliers setting emission reduction targets.
- Continue our training program with at least 10 on-site workshops for suppliers.
- Increase improvement activities and re-assessments with our suppliers, and by the end of 2016, 75% of the suppliers we evaluate through EcoVadis should score at satisfactory level (score 45/100).
- Our long term target: Have 100% of the smelters identified in our supply chain validated as conflict-free by 2018.
Partnering with NGOs
- Create a group-wide strategy to guide corporate investment activities and include priorities aligned with SDGs & business drivers.
- All new corporate investment programs to be measured against a monitoring and evaluating system.
- Our long term target: By 2020, foster the spirit of employee volunteerism across the company and increase their engagement.