Your Nokia Mail email address needs to meet these basic rules to be valid – 3-32 characters and only contain letters, numbers, “.” and “_”.
Note! The username rules that were in effect before Nokia Mail was powered by Yahoo! were less stringent, and in some cases usernames from older accounts are still valid.
Here is a more detailed summary of the username requirements:
- Must be ASCII only.
- Limited to 3-32 characters.
- May use letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), underscores (_), one dot (.), and one plus sign (+). For example, “joe~user” or “joe!user” or “joe$user” are invalid.
- May contain one hyphen (-). Users who created their accounts before Nokia Mail powered by Yahoo! may contain multiple hyphens (-).
- Must start with a number or letter.
- Must end with a letter or number. For example, “joe_” or “joe_user_” or “joe.user.” are invalid.
- Cannot have consecutive special characters. For example, “joe__user” or joe_user__123” or “joe_.user” are invalid.
- Must contain one or more alphanumeric characters between special characters.
- Must pass a restricted words check.
- Can be comprised of a prefix and a suffix separated by a single dot, such as “joeuser.usa001” where “joeuser” is the prefix and “usa001” is the suffix.
- Prefix and suffix cannot contain any prohibited string or sub-string.
- Suffix must be 2 or more characters long.
- Cannot contain these reserved prefixes: “yph” or “yphx” or “yphy” or “yphz”.
This topic is valid for:
Nokia Lumia 1520,Nokia Lumia 1020,Nokia Lumia 928,Nokia Lumia 925,Nokia Lumia 920,Nokia Lumia 900,Nokia Lumia 822,Nokia Lumia 820,Nokia Lumia 810,Nokia Lumia 800,Nokia Lumia 620,Nokia Lumia 520,Nokia C6,Nokia C6,Nokia C5,Nokia C3,Nokia C2,Nokia E73,Nokia E72,Nokia E71,Nokia E71x,Nokia E7,Nokia E63,Nokia E6,Nokia E5,Nokia N97,Nokia N97,Nokia N95,Nokia N95 8GB,Nokia N900,Nokia N8,Nokia X6-00,Nokia X3,Nokia X2-01,Nokia 808 PureView,Nokia 700,Nokia 6790,Nokia 6350,Nokia 5800,Nokia 5310,Nokia 5230,Nokia 5130,Nokia 2720,Nokia 2330,Nokia 2320,Nokia 1616