1. Check that you have the latest update installed on your phone.
2. Switch off the phone and then remove the memory card. For information how to remove the memory card, see your Nokia phone's user guide.
3. Connect the memory card to a PC with a USB or SD card adapter, your memory card should appear as a separate drive on the computer:
- If you see the memory card problem message box, follow a screen instruction to fix a problem.
- If the memory card is not recognised by the PC, the card is most probably broken or password protected by the previous device where it was used. The password needs to be removed from the memory card with the device where it was previously used.
4. Insert the memory card into the slot of the phone, until it locks into place.
5. Format the memory card using your Nokia phone. Before formatting the memory card, make sure you have a backup of the data as it is lost during formatting. For information how to format the memory card, see your Nokia phone's user guide.
The previous actions usually solve your problem. If it does not help, test with another compatible memory card to see if the issue is in the card. Some memory cards are currently incompatible with your phone. For optimal performance, we recommend a fast 4-32GB card by a well-known manufacturer, for example, SanDisk Extreme Pro, Toshiba Exceria, or Samsung Pro.