- Check that your phone is not locked.
- Check that the proximity sensor on the top of the screen is not covered by any kind of protective film or tape. Proximity sensor prevents the touch screen working, for example when the phone is in your pocket or next to your ear during a call. If it is covered with protective film or tape, the touch screen may not work at all.
- Remove and re-insert the battery and switch your phone on.
- My Asha (Series 40) phone does not work or respond as expected
- I cannot hear the other person in a call
- How do I resolve the “conflicting applications” error when starting one of my preinstalled applications?
- What can I do if my phone does not recognise the charger?
- My Bluetooth connection is not working