Writing with the on-screen keyboard is easy and fun. You can use the keyboard when holding your tablet in portrait or landscape mode.
- Tap a text box.
1 - Character keys
2 - Shift key
3 - Numbers and symbols key
4 - Control key
5 - Smiley key
6 - Space key
7 - Left arrow key
8 - Right arrow key
9 - Writing language key
10 - Shift key
11 - Enter key
12 - Backspace key
The keyboard layout can vary in different apps and languages. The example shows the English keyboard.
Switch between upper and lower case characters
- Tap the shift key. To switch caps lock mode on, double-tap the key. To return to normal mode, tap the shift key again.
Type in a number or special character
- Tap the numbers and symbols key. To see more special character
keys, tap . Some special character
keys bring up more symbols. To see more symbols, tap and hold a symbol
or special character.
To put a full stop at the end of a sentence, and to start a new sentence, tap the space key twice.
Add an accent to a character
- Tap and hold the character, and tap the accented character.
Delete a character
- Tap the backspace key.
Add a smiley
- Tap the text box and .
Switch between the writing languages
- Tap the writing language key.
Hide the keyboard
- Swipe in from the right of the screen. To open the keyboard again, swipe right all the way off the screen.