1. Remove unwanted stuff from your phone by using the Storage Check application. Go to Settings > Storage check, and swipe left:
- Tap details under Apps to find out what apps you have on your phone, consider uninstalling some of them to increase the space in your phone memory.
- Tap maps under Maps, the screen will show you the maps you have downloaded to your phone. Long press an individual map to get an option to remove it, or delete all maps.
- Tap clear under Temporary files to clear the files that are safe to remove.
- Note! Storage Check is not available for new Windows Phone 8.1 phones (Lumia 63x, Lumia 930). You can use the Storage Sense instead. (Settings > storage sense).
- Note! The Storage Check app is not removed if you update Lumia phones to Cyan. You can use it until you reflash or reset device.
2. Delete browsing history, temporary files, cookies and saved passwords in Internet Explorer (Settings > applications > Internet Explorer > delete history).
3. Delete previous map searches and temporary files from your phone (Settings > applications > maps > delete history).
4. Delete Bing search history, including Bing Vision and Bing Music searches (Settings > applications > search > delete history).
5. Remove old Office documents from your phone: Press Start, swipe left, and select Office > places (locations) > phone. Long press any document and then select Delete.
6. Remove offline mixes from MixRadio: Press Start, swipe left, and select MixRadio > offline mixes. Long press any mix and then select Delete.
7. If you have a PC, connect your phone to a computer with a compatible USB cable. On your computer, use Windows Explorer and browse to your phone to see a list of the folders: Documents, Music, Pictures, Ringtones, and Videos. Right-click the file you want to move, select Cut, right-click a location on your PC, and then select Paste.