Nokia Corporation (“Nokia”) provides this Manufacturer's Limited Warranty (“Warranty”) for genuine Nokia 105 product (the “Product”), which Nokia has released for sale in United Kingdom (“Covered Countries”).
This Warranty does not limit the rights you may have under any mandatory consumer protection laws of your country.
From the date the Product is sold to an end-user for the first time, as evidenced by the original proof of purchase, Nokia warrants that the Product is free from defects in materials and workmanship (“Defect”) as follows:
(i) Twenty four (24) months for the main device; and
(ii) Six (6) months for the battery and charger.
unless otherwise specified in the product user guide.
During the warranty period any valid Defect in the Product will be remedied in a reasonable time free of charge by replacing the defective Product or the defective part through the seller or the seller’s point of sale, from where the Product has been purchased. When replacing your Product, Nokia may use new or re-conditioned parts or products.
When making a Limited Warranty claim, you must present:
a) The Product (or affected part thereto)
b) The legible and unmodified original proof of purchase, which clearly indicates the name and the address of the seller, the place and date of purchase, the product type and the serial number.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no repair or replacement will renew or extend the warranty period. Original or replacement parts or replacement Products provided under this Warranty will be covered by this Warranty for the remainder of the original warranty period or for sixty (60) days from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
The Product or all parts of your Product that have been replaced become the seller’s property.
Nokia does not warrant that software preinstalled by or behalf of Nokia in the Product (or subsequent updates and upgrades) (together “Nokia software”) will meet your requirements, work in combination with any hardware or software not provided by Nokia, is uninterrupted or error free or that errors are correctable or will be corrected. For Nokia software related errors, Nokia will make available the latest version of the Nokia software for reinstallation on your Product or, if that would not be possible, another remedy, which in Nokia’s reasonable discretion, satisfactorily addresses the error. Some Nokia software may be subject to separate license terms that are available with the software or your local section of www.nokia.com.
Please always back up all data and content stored on your Product before taking your Product in for replacement since all data in your Product will be lost.
3. WHAT this warranty does NOT COVER
Nokia does not provide any warranty for the following:
- User guides;
- Any (i) third party software, settings, content, data, or links installed or downloaded onto your Product at any time, or (ii) Nokia and third party services or enabling clients even if preinstalled by Nokia (please read the terms and conditions that may accompany the services as those will define your rights and obligations);
- Any (i) normal wear and tear, (ii) reduced charging capacity of the battery resulting from its natural end of life process, (iii) or pixel defects in your Product’s display that are within the scope of industry standards;
- SIM card and/or any cellular or other networks or system on which your Product operates; or
Errors or damage caused by: (a) not using your Product in accordance with the user guide, (b) using your Product with, or connecting it to, any product, accessory, software, or service not manufactured or supplied by Nokia, (c) any products combined with your Product by a third party, (d) damage or errors caused by hacking, cracking, viruses, or other malware, or by unauthorised access to services, accounts, computer systems or networks; or (e) other acts beyond Nokia’s reasonable control.
This Warranty is not valid:
1. Outside of the Covered Countries;
2. If your Product, or the software it runs on, has been (a) opened, modified, or repaired without Nokia’s authorisation, or (b) repaired with unauthorised spare parts;
3. If your Product's serial number, the mobile accessory date code, or the IMEI number has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or if these are illegible in any way; or
4. If you refuse to give possession of the Product to Nokia for repair and investigation.
If this Warranty does not cover your Product or the issue based on which it requires Warranty service, Nokia reserves the right to charge for the replacement of your Product, as well as a handling fee.
4. Limitation of Nokia's liability
To the extent permitted by applicable law(s), Nokia shall not under any circumstances be liable, either expressly or implicitly, for any
1) Damages or losses of any kind whatsoever resulting from or relating to loss of, damage to, or corruption of, content or data or the recreation or transfer thereof even if such loss, damage, or corruption was a result of a Defect in your Product; and/or
2) Loss of profit, products or functionality, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings, increased costs or expenses, or for any indirect, consequential or special loss or damage.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Nokia’s liability shall be limited to the purchase value of your Product.
The limitations in this clause 4 shall not apply in case of Nokia’s negligence or intentional misconduct or in case of death or personal injury resulting from Nokia’s proven negligence.
5. Other important notices
Please ensure your operator has removed any SIM-locks (or other equivalent mechanisms that may lock your Product to a specific network or operator) prior to delivering your Product for replacement.
Your Product may contain country specific elements, including software. The warranty services available in a particular country may be limited to the Products and country specific elements available in that country. Also, if your Product has been re-exported from its original destination to another country, your Product may contain country specific elements that are not considered a defect under this Warranty even if it would not be operational.
Nokia Corporation, Keilalahdentie 2-4, FIN-02150 Espoo, Finland