Your location may not be shown if you haven't allowed the using of the location service in Nokia Maps and phone settings. Check that the following settings are enabled:
- In Nokia Maps select Settings > Use my location > On.
- Select Settings > location > Location services > On.
Check also that the phone can properly obtain the location by using the available positioning methods:
- If you are indoors, go outdoors to receive a better signal.
- If you are outdoors, move to a more open space.
- If the weather conditions are bad or you are behind UV protected or heated windscreen, the signal strength may also be affected.
- Check that your hand does not cover the GPS receiver.
- Assisted GPS (A-GPS) feature will speed up getting the GPS fix. To be able to use A-GPS, check that your phone is online. A-GPS uses the mobile internet connection to connect to a server that tells your device which GPS satellites it will be able to connect to, reducing the time it takes to get a GPS fix.
- Wi-Fi positioning will help you get the location when no GPS signal is available but there are Wi-Fi networks nearby. To be able to use Wi-Fi positioning, enable Wi-fi in Settings > WiFi > WiFi networking
- If no GPS fix or Wi-Fi position can be obtained, your location can be obtained by using the cellular network if you have SIM card inserted in your phone and you are connected to the cellular network.
How helpful was this to you?
Thank you for rating
Thank you for your feedback