Update to Nokia Belle today
Simply put, our new Nokia Belle software makes a good Nokia smartphone great. Read on for all you need to know about downloading the update.
C6-01, C7-00, E6-00, E7-00, N8-00, X7-00, Nokia 500 and Nokia Oro
What's New in Nokia Belle?
- With an all-new look, more home screens, new widgets, and easier personalisation, it's fresher and clearer to use.
- The clearer menus, smoother screen transitions, and pull-down notifications help you stay up-to-date.
- There’s a new status bar, a new toolbar, new Nokia Maps, improved video recording, web browsing, and more.
How does Nokia Belle work with my existing apps?
First of all, you get the peace of mind that Nokia Suite backs up your contacts, messages, calendar, tasks, web feeds, and other important features. The contents of your phone’s mass memory and memory card - such as photos and videos - are safe and won’t be affected during the update.
The Nokia Belle update removes access to Comes with Music Unlimited content. But don’t worry, you can regain access easily. When you play a song after the update, your permissions for the whole album are automatically re-established (internet connection required).
You can re-download apps at the Nokia Store (look for them either in the app catalogue or under ‘My Stuff’). Some apps are not compatible with Nokia Belle yet so they won’t be available for you after the update.
For your most important ‘can’t-live-without’ apps, visit the Nokia Store before the update to find Nokia Belle compatible apps. Then follow the instructions below:
- Use a computer to visit Nokia Store
- Click on ‘Set device’ or ‘Change’ at the top left of the screen
- Select your device and press ‘OK’
- Select Nokia Belle and press ‘OK’
- The apps you can see are compatible with Nokia Belle
Note that if you have purchased apps outside of Nokia Store, please contact the respective vendor for information on Nokia Belle.
How do I update using Nokia Suite?
Step 1 – Get Nokia Suite 3.4 and open it
Step 2 – Connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable
Step 3 – Start Nokia Suite and select Tools > Software updates
Step 4 – Select the updates you want to download and select Install
Updates are free
Software updates from Nokia are free and safe to install.
Don’t have Nokia Suite 3.4? Get it here.
Nokia Belle - Watch the video on how to do the update