Nokia Lumia 720
The Slimmest Lumia!
Nokia Lumia 720 is the most slimmest of all the Lumias. While like all other Lumias, it has its unique characteristics, yet it too share the common DNA, i.e. it is a Windows Phone 8.
Here's what I found great about this beautiful phone:-
1. Beautiful Design:- Being called the slim and sleek, Lumia 720 weighs just 128 gram and it feels great in your hand. Just like 920, Lumia 720 has a unibody design. Fingerprints should be less of a problem too, as the 4.3” ClearBlack Gorilla Glass 2.0 display has easy to clean technology that also boosts visibility from different and wider angles. Also, it is also the first to have curved glass at this price point!
2. Camera:- The Lumia 720 has the most extraordinary camera at this price point. Usually, we get a 5MP camera, but this phone has a 6.7MP camera with Carl Zeiss optics. Just not this, the phone too boasts to have a 1.3MP front facing camera. I just loved the Glam Me App which makes great use of the front facing camera!
3. Apps:- Lumia 720 packs great apps that come pre-installed like Nokia's Exclusives, like HERE Suite, Camera Lenses like Smart Shoot, Glam Me and also comes with one year subscription of Nokia Music Unlimited. The apps in the Windows Phone Store though needs to grow, but they have all the big names.
4. Wireless Charging:- Okay, Wireless Charging is not fully baked in Nokia Lumia 720. There are 3 connectors on the back of your phone which are somewhat connected to battery. In order to charge wirelessly, one needs 2 things, first- a wireless charger, and then, a Wireless clip on cover which Nokia has said during the launch.
5. Storage:- The phone has 8GB of storage space which can be made even bigger by adding a microSD card of upto 64GB. This is great.
6. The Touchscreen:- The touchscreen is a 4.3" ClearBlack WVGA LCD, 2.25 D Glass, with the Super Sensitive Touch that even works with your fingernails and car keys! And oops, I forgot to mention, it has Corning Gorilla Glass 2.0
7. Battery:- This is where NOKIA LUMIA 720 stands out of the crowd just like 920. Both of them has 2000mAh battery. On my use, I have found that a full charge ensures a great day of use.
Here's why it makes you to buy Nokia Lumia 820:-
RAM:- With just 512MB of RAM, some apps like Temple Run are nowhere to be seen for this phone. Some apps are optimised only for phones with 1GB of RAM. However, developers usually optimise their apps for 512MB RAM too, but a little later. So, RAM can be a issue to buy this phone if you are a gamer. But, I'm fine with this!
FINAL VERDICT:- Nokia Lumia 720 is a great phone, in short a version of 920 made on budget. It has a great camera with so many lenses #Lenses are there on Windows Phone Store#. It has great battery life. It flaunts a unibody design. In short, it has the best Lumia elements. But yes, when compared to Lumia 620, it has not much to offer and the price difference is somewhat that makes many to buy 620 over this. The 620 is made with teenage crowd in mind, while 720 has a really sophisticated look. All-in-all, I love my Nokia Lumia 720!
24 June, 2013
excellent phone when compared to other brands
Nokia lumia 720 is an excellent phone.
it has the best camera, best operating system, best battery backup, best connectivity, best display, best (fluid) touch and best for gaming too.
i all ready suggested this phone for my friends who wanted to buy their next phone.
Nokia lumia 720 is an awesome phone at the price value of 18k+
19 June, 2013
Must-haves missing from SMARTPHONE which basic phone are capable of delivering
I'm an ex user of symbian (since 6600 till 701), iOS (4/5 and 6) and android (since 2.3 till 4.2) and blackberry and windows 6.x
Down sides of lumia windows phone 8 seen so far. Windows phone 8 should look after this.
Seems microsoft windows phone team overlooked basic need of users which was available in nokia's basic phone too
Missing from native dialer
Type and show contacts/numbers
call duration is not shown in call history (basic phone has this ain't understand why can't in smartphone
Most famous lack of codec support, annoying method to convert movies and then copy them.
Can't use your speach recognition for answer or reject calls
headphones provided within package does not even have provision for call answer/reject or music/play pause buttons.. have to either buy new headset/headphones or have to take out cell every time you have to answer calls or change tracks
no provision of changing audio language if dual audio movie is played through native player. Even no subtitles shown
Sound in playing movies is lower compared to audio playback.
Comparitively same movie is played well in other smartphones (iOS or android) Hope above can be fixed by interim updates followed by amber. or 8.1 blue sparks something which rules same as symbian did
Its blackbeauty i got (love affair began :-)
it's slim and lightweight too
OS if smooth can't see a lag in multitasking (not true multitasking unlike symbian had)
have to rely on apps for basic things (annoying part)
no flash or flashlite from adobe to support flash content means no flv support :-(
call clarity is awesome and battery life is amazing.
camera no doubt.... its upto mark though details in picture are not good but is satisfactory..
i saw one of comparison video between iphone 5 , s4 and 720 where 720 was able to beat them in all except details in pictures
Nokia/Microsoft : Pls understand in today's time no one would like to spend time on sitting and converting movie files just to make it playable on lumia. Though i must admin resolution and display clarity is best (Nokia does well in terms of H/W reliability)
doesn't even have download manager within IE
Pls review trend of apps being preferred and used in symbian and windows....
People are buying windows 8 (new users or switching from other platforms) they get amazed after couple of days usage, but becomes bit annoying when realized basic needed things are missing which are minimal expectations from SMARTPHONES
soon they start looking going back to other platforms or give it away to their family /friends .
Pls increase the speed of improvement going on with windows 8 ( have seen improvements since mango, but you also need to match speed of others in same track :-)
final verdict from my end is i would strongly recommend this for those who loves change and simplicity in their usage. Windows is amazing a new era has begun.. and can foresee its gonna take big leap (seeing trend of apps getting added and updates (more over best part is INNOVATIONS as always leaders)
6 July, 2013
Great Smartphone with awesome features
i like my lumia 720, becoz of the amazing Camera with KIDILAN features.. :-)
21 June, 2013
Really Stunningly beautiful
The product is really stunningly beautiful and a masterpiece from Nokia.
Windows 8 inside is also really beautiful...... I love the tiles.
This is better than any phone in this price range.
The 6.7 mp camera is mind blowing.
Before purchasing I was a bit jittery about 512 MB RAM but trust me its perfectly fine. The phone just works smoothly. I am not that big mobile gaming buff but still I have played few games on it like temple rum and even gaming is smooth. Battery life is gr8 in 2G but in 3G it drains out little faster but that is the case with almost all smart phones.
Only one weak point I found is apps. I knew beforehand that number of apps in market for windows are not that much as in case of Android/IOS but still I was wondering they will be having all necessary apps. But to my dissatisfaction many basic apps are missing and you feel shocked when you have to live without them.
Still I would say this is almost perfect for personal use and Nokia has done a perfect job.
But If you are looking for a business phone then it has its own drawbacks.
Microsoft needs to work upon certain basic features in it like enabling pdf attachment to mail, enabling copy paste in Office excel, You cannot attach a document directly while composing a mail (only photos allowed).... I mean these are basic needs of not just a business phone but of a phone meant for personal use. Windows8 need to evolve fast to catch up with the likes of Android/IOS.
12 July, 2013
Best phone ever! Lovin it!
I've been using Lumia 710 for a year. I was very happy with my phone. But then, I decided to go for the new Lumia 720 and I got much more features and an amazing camera.. Loving it..
19 June, 2013
IPS LCD DISPLAY DOLBY 6.7MP CARL ZEISS OPTICS AUTOFOCUS 1/3.6 SENSOR SIZE 720P VIDEO RECORDING 1MP FRONT CAMERA WITH HD VR DUAL-CORE 1GHZ NCMP
GOOD DISPLAY IPS LCD CLEAR BLACK DISPLAY 16M COLORS 4.3INCHES 217PPI 800X480
GOOD CAMERA 6.7MP AUTOFOCUS CARL ZEISS 1/3.6 SENSOR LED FLASH
GOOD FRONT CAMERA 1.3MP 720P 30@FPS
GOOD HD VIDEO RECORDING 720P 30@FPS
GOOD DOLBY HEADPHONE SOUND ENHANCEMENT
GOOD SPEED HSDPA 21.1MBPS HSUPA 5.76MBPS
GOOD WIRELESS CHARGINGS NFC
GOOD CPU 1GHZ DUAL-CORE PROCESSOR
GOOD ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION MICROPHONE
GOOD 7GB SKYDRIVE STORAGE
GOOD 8GB INBUILT MEMORI
GOOD BLUTOOTH 3.0
OVERALL GOOD MOBILE PHONE
9 July, 2013
Awesome phone go for it you will never regret
Awesome Adipoli phone with superb camera,never lag,office app is superb,Here Map really really awesome.Stand out of (droid)crowd.
I hope Nokia will gain make lumia budget phones.Thank you Nokia
13 July, 2013