LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATE
software release for Nokia Asha 308 is 8.13
The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider. To check for updates, on your phone, tap Menu > Settings > Phone > Device updates.
- Improvements for video streaming
- Launchers for Mail for Exchange, WhatsApp, and YouTube link added
- Nokia Xpress Browser, Nokia Store, Notifications, and News and Offers apps updated
- Chat and Mail apps updated. Available via Nokia Suite.
- Twitter and Facebook apps updated. Available via Nokia Suite.
- 10 new Gameloft games. Available via Nokia Suite.
How To Update Software
UPDATE WIRELESSLY (OTA)
You can update your Nokia Asha or Series 40 phone wirelessly Over the Air (OTA). With OTA updates you don’t need any cables or computer; you can simply download and install the update using your phone. Updates are free of charge, but to download the update, you need an internet connection. It is best to use a Wi-Fi connection to avoid mobile data transmission costs.
Software updates from Nokia are safe to install, and your settings, apps, photos, and text messages remain safe and sound.
Step 1. For most phones, select Menu > Settings > Phone > Device updates.
Step 2. Select “downl. phone sw”. The phone will notify you if there is an update available. If an update was found, follow the instructions shown on your phone.
Step 3. The update takes around 15-30 minutes, and you are not able to use your phone during the update installation.
- Tip! There can be more than one consequent update available, so you may need to repeat the steps to get to the latest software version.
UPDATE WITH NOKIA SUITE
Most of the Asha and Series 40 phones can alternatively be updated with Nokia Suite.
To update your phone, you need Nokia Suite software on your computer.
Connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable.
Start Nokia Suite, and go to Tools > Software updates. Then select the update you want to download, and click Install.
| 101 MB
Nokia Suite is a free software that connects your Nokia phone and Windows PC, and helps you transfer content between the two. With Nokia Nokia Suite you can use your PC to get software updates for your phone, back up your data, get new street maps and synchronise your music, photos and contacts. Compatible with PC Windows 8, 7, Vista, or XP.