Make your phone even better,
Read on to find out how...
Want to keep your phone working at its best and always have the latest services & features?
Free Software Updates from Nokia make sure your phone is always up to date with
- performance improvements to things like battery life and applications
- new and improved functions
- the latest versions of Nokia apps and services
Get the update now
It’s easy – just use your phone’s Software Update application or Nokia Suite to download the latest update for your phone. Software updates from Nokia are free and safe to install.
1) Update using your phone’s Software Update application
We recommend you use a WiFi connection if possible. For most phones:
- Select Menu > Applications > (Tools >) SW Update
Select Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone updates
Choose the updates you want to install and follow the on-screen instructions.
Tip: Your phone can alert you when new software updates are available. In the Software Update application:
- Select Options > Settings > Auto-check for updates
- Select On > OK
2) Update using Nokia Suite
Nokia Suite: updating your phone software
- Connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable
- Start Nokia Suite and select Tools > Software Update
- Select the updates you want to download and select Install
Will the update affect my contacts, pictures, music or other phone data?
Updating using your phone’s Software Update application won’t affect contacts, photos or other information you’ve stored on your phone. However, as with all electronic devices you should back up your data regularly. You can use Nokia Suite to back up your data easily.
What is the cheapest way to do a software update?
Nokia Software Updates are free of charge but if you download the update package using the Software Update application, data traffic charges by your network provider might apply. To keep data costs down, we recommend using a WiFi connection or using Nokia Suite.
How do I know when I need to update?
There are 2 ways to find out about new software updates for your phone:
- Use your phone’s Software Update application to check for new updates. You can also set the application to check for new updates automatically.
- Nokia Suite alerts you to new Software Updates when you connect your phone to your PC.
More questions about software updates?