Creating a new synchronisation task involves selecting the PC application that you want to synchronise with a phone, and defining synchronisation settings. If you do not make changes to the synchronisation settings, the settings for the last selected synchronisation task will be used. To create a new synchronisation task follow the steps:
- Connect a Nokia device to the PC.
- Click the Nokia PC Sync icon and then click Settings icon.
- Click Create new settings icon.
- On the first page of the wizard, select the new PIM application from the drop-down list. Follow the instructions on screen to finish the wizard process. If you choose to skip the wizard process, a set of default settings will be used in the synchronisation.
- On the What To Synchronise page, you can specify what information to include in the synchronisation.
- On the PIM specific page, you can enter information about the PIM application you have selected.
- On the Synchronisation Range page, you can specify the settings for synchronising Calendar/To-do items. If you did not select Calendar / To-do Items on the What To Synchronise page, this page will not be shown.
- On the E-mail page, you can specify settings for synchronising e-mails. If you did not select E-mail Items on the What To Synchronise page, this page will not be shown.
- On the Bookmarks page, you can specify the settings for synchronising Bookmark Items or Bookmarks and RSS Feeds depending on the phone model. If you did not select Bookmark Items or Bookmarks and RSS Feeds on the What To Synchronise page, this page will not be shown.
- On the File Synchronisation Settings page, you can specify the settings for synchronising File and Folder Items. If you did not select File and Folder Items on the What To Synchronise page, this page will not be shown.
- To view the advanced settings used in the synchronisation, click Advanced... on the Finish page.
- The new synchronisation will start when you click Finish on the last page. If you do not want to start the synchronisation, clear the selection in the check box at the bottom of the page.
In Advanced settings you see the followings tabs:
- Automatic Synchronisation tab
- Do not synchronise automatically
Nokia PC Sync will not synchronise automatically with your phone. You will have to start the synchronisation manually whenever you want to synchronise a phone with your PC PIM.
- Synchronise every time I connect my phone
Nokia PC Sync will synchronise automatically with your phone each time you connect the phone to the PC.
- Synchronise periodically while the phone is connected
You can specify in hours or minutes how often Nokia PC Sync will synchronise automatically with a phone. This only occurs while the phone is connected.
- Launch Nokia PC Sync automatically on startup
Select this option if you want to launch Nokia PC Sync automatically every time you start your PC.
- Conflict Resolution tab
It is possible that you have modified an item on your mobile phone and on the PC. Here you can specify whether information is to be synchronised from your mobile phone to the PC or vice versa if a field of an item has been changed on both databases. Select the database that you want to synchronise information from:
- Mobile phone
- PC, a specific PC PIM application or a web browser, depending on the information types you have selected for synchronisation. For example, if you have selected to synchronise only Calendar / To-do Items, the PC PIM in use is displayed here as an option.
- Direction tab
You can specify the direction of the synchronisation. You can update information to both directions in synchronisation, only from a mobile phone to the PC, or only from the PC to a mobile phone.
- Sync Profile tab
Enter here the username for your sync profile if needed. If you have defined a username here, you must use the same username in the phone. If you have not defined a username in the phone, you do not need to enter it here either.
Enter here the password for your sync profile if needed. If you have defined a password here, you must use the same password in the phone. If you have not defined a password in the phone, you do not need to enter it here either.
How helpful was this to you?
Thank you for rating
Thank you for your feedback