This FAQ applies to Nokia Lumia phones with Windows Phone 7.
How can I update my Lumia?
- Install the Zune PC software on your computer. You'll need this software to download the phone update.
- Connect your phone to your computer, using the USB cable that came with your phone. Before starting the update, make sure your phone has enough battery power.
- If the Zune PC software does not start automatically when you connect your phone, start it manually.
- In the Zune PC software, click Update Now. Make sure you keep your phone connected to your computer until you see a notification that the update is complete.
How do I prepare for an update?
- Before starting the update, make sure your phone has enough battery power. If the battery level is low, charge the battery before starting the update.
- Check that your phone is set to the correct date and time.
- Free up space on your computer, as you need enough space to download the software update, and to save a backup of your existing phone software, settings, and media files.
- Also check out this video (English) on YouTube with instructions for update.
Anything else I need to know?
If you get an error code, mark it down. To check what went wrong and what can you do to it, check this page.
In case there is a problem, try the Installing or updating your Windows Phone 7 software wizard. It provides step-by-step instructions to resolve the most common problems.
When you update your phone using the Zune software on your primary computer, we automatically back up your phone software and settings for safekeeping. Should there be any problems later, you can restore your phone to its previous state.
If you can't find a solution to your problem in the information above, you can also try our FAQ search or the Microsoft support pages.
How helpful was this to you?
Thank you for rating
Thank you for your feedback