Memory full messages may occur if there are too many applications running at the same time or if there is not enough free space in the phone memory. Depending on the error message, the following actions can be taken:
"Memory Full: Close some applications and try again"
In this case there are too many applications active at the same time. The problem can be fixed by closing some of the applications:
- Long press the Menu key to see the list of active applications.
- Select the applications which are not needed and close them.
If this doesn't help, switch off and restart the phone.
"Memory Full: Delete or remove some data from C: Phone memory"
The phone notifies you if the phone memory or memory card memory is getting low. There can be different error messages shown this situation, e.g.:
- "Memory Full: Delete or remove some data from C: Phone memory"
- "Disk Full : Automatic retrieval of mailbox for exchange disabled"
To free phone memory, transfer some data to the memory card with the File mgr application (select Menu > Applications > File mgr.). Select or mark files to be moved, select Options >Organise > Move to folder and then the destination folder.
In order to free memory, you could also remove or move the following:
- Messages from Inbox, Drafts and Sent folders in Messaging.
- Retrieved e-mail messages from the phone memory.
- Saved Web pages. Clear the web browser cache to free some memory (select Options > Clear privacy data > Cache).
- Saved images, videos, or sound files.
- Contact information.
- Calendar notes.
- Downloaded application packages.
- If there are applications which are not needed any more, uninstall them (select Menu > Settings > Data mgr. > App.mgr. > Installed apps.).
- Any other data that you no longer need
If possible, use the memory card instead of phone memory in the Camera application (select Options > Settings > Memory in use to define the memory where the images are stored). You can also use Nokia Suite to transfer images and video clips to your PC.If you are deleting multiple items and any of the following notes are shown: Not enough memory to perform operation. Delete some data first or Memory low. Delete some data, try deleting items one by one (starting from the smallest item).