Fill in all fields marked with Must be defined or with a red asterisk. Follow the instructions given by your service provider. You may also obtain settings from your service provider in a configuration message.Some or all message centers or access points may be preset for your device by your service provider, and you may not be able to change, create, edit, or remove them.Press Menu, and select Messaging > Options > Settings > E-mail.To select which mailbox you want to use for sending e-mail, select Mailbox in use and a mailbox.To remove a mailbox and its messages from your device, scroll to it, and press the clear key (C key).To create a new mailbox, select Options > New mailbox.Select Mailboxes and a mailbox to change the following settings: Connection settings, User settings, Retrieval settings, and Automatic retrieval.Connection settingsTo edit the settings for the e-mail you receive, select Incoming e-mail to enter your user name and password, enter the name of the incoming mail server, select the access point, enter a name for the mailbox, select themailbox type, select the security options and password encryption for POP3 accounts.To edit the settings for the e-mail you receive, select Incoming e-mail and from the following:
- User name - Enter your user name, given to you by your service provider.
- Password - Enter your password. If you leave this field blank, you are prompted for the password when you try to connect to your remote mailbox.
- Incoming mail server - Enter the IP address or host name of the mail server that receives your e-mail.
- Access point in use - Select an internet access point (IAP).
- Mailbox name - Enter a name for the mailbox.
- Mailbox type - Defines the e-mail protocol that your remote mailbox service provider recommends. The options are POP3 and IMAP4. This setting cannot be changed.
- Security (ports) - Select the security option used to secure the connection to the remote mailbox.
- Port - Define a port for the connection.
- APOP secure login (for POP3 only) - Use with the POP3 protocol to encrypt the sending of passwords to the remote e-mail server while connecting to the mailbox.
To edit the settings for the e-mail you send, select Outgoing e-mail to enter your e-mail address, the name of the outgoing mail server, and settings for User name, Password, Access point in use, Security (ports), and Port similar to the ones in Incoming e-mail.To edit the settings for the e-mail you send, select Outgoing e-mail and from the following:
- My e-mail address - Enter the e-mail address given to you by your service provider.
- Outgoing mail server - Enter the IP address or host name of the mail server that sends your e-mail. You may only be able to use the outgoing server of your service provider.
Contact your service provider for more information.The settings for User name, Password, Access point in use, Security (ports), and Port are similar to the ones in Incoming e-mail.User settingsAdd your own name, define send method, get a copy of sent messages, and define e-mail alerts.
- My name - Enter your own name. Your name replaces your e-mail address in the recipient’s device when the recipient’s device supports this function.
- Send message - Define how e-mail is sent from your device. Select Immediately for the device to connect to the mailbox when you select Send message. If you select During next conn., e-mail is sent when the connection to the remote mailbox is available.
- Send copy to self - Select whether you want to send a copy of the e-mail to your own mailbox.
- Include signature - Select whether you want to attach a signature to your e-mail messages.
- New e-mail alerts - Select whether you want to receive the new e-mail indications (a tone, a note, and a mail indicator) when new mail is received.
Retrieval settingsDefine which parts of and how many e-mail messages are retrieved and define some options of the subscription folders for IMAP4
- E-mail to retrieve - Define which parts of the e-mail are retrieved: Headers only, Size limit (POP3), or Msgs. & attachs. (POP3).
- Retrieval amount - Define how many new e-mail messages are retrieved to the mailbox.
- IMAP4 folder path (for IMAP4 only) - Define the folder path for folders to be subscribed.
- Folder subscriptions (for IMAP4 only) - Subscribe to other folders in the remote mailbox and retrieve content from those folders.
Automatic retrievalSelect how and when to retrieve headings.
- E-mail notifications - To automatically retrieve the headings to your device when you receive new e-mail in your remote mailbox, select Auto-update or Only in home netw..
- E-mail retrieval - To automatically retrieve the headings of new e-mail messages from your remote mailbox at defined times, select Enabled or Only in home netw..
Define when and how often the messages are retrieved.E-mail notifications and E-mail retrieval cannot be active at the same time.Setting the device to retrieve e-mail automatically may involve the transmission of large amounts of data through your service provider's network. Contact your service provider for information about data transmission charges.For more information, see the extended user guide at www.nseries.com/support or your local Nokia website.