Battery and charger informationBattery and charger
Your device has an internal, non-removable, rechargeable battery. Do not attempt to remove the battery, as you may damage the device. To replace the battery, take the device to the nearest authorised service facility.
This device is intended for use when supplied with power from the following chargers: AC-10. The exact Nokia charger model number may vary depending on the plug type, identified by E, X, AR, U, A, C, K, or B.
The battery can be charged and discharged hundreds of times, but it will eventually wear out. When the talk and standby times are noticeably shorter than normal, to replace the battery, take the device to the nearest authorised service facility.
Battery safetyBattery safety
Note: The battery in your device is non-removable, so refer to the battery-related statements as applicable to your device.
When you unplug a charger or an accessory, hold and pull the plug, not the cord.
When your charger is not in use, unplug it from the electrical plug and the device. Do not leave a fully charged battery connected to a charger, as overcharging may shorten the battery’s lifetime. If left unused, a fully charged battery will lose its charge over time.
Always keep the battery between 15°C and 25°C (59°F and 77°F). Extreme temperatures reduce the capacity and lifetime of the battery. A device with a hot or cold battery may not work temporarily.
Accidental short-circuiting can happen when a metallic object touches the metal strips on the battery. Short-circuiting may damage the battery or the connecting object.
Do not dispose of batteries in a fire as they may explode. Dispose of batteries according to local regulations. Recycle when possible. Do not dispose as household waste.
Do not dismantle, cut, open, crush, bend, puncture, or shred cells or batteries. If a battery leaks, do not let battery liquid touch skin or eyes. If this happens, immediately flush the affected areas with water, or seek medical help.
Do not modify, remanufacture, attempt to insert foreign objects into the battery, or immerse or expose it to water or other liquids. Batteries may explode if damaged.
Use the battery and charger for their intended purposes only. Improper use, or use of unapproved batteries or incompatible chargers may present a risk of fire, explosion, or other hazard, and may invalidate any approval or warranty. If you believe the battery or charger is damaged, take it to a service centre for inspection before continuing to use it. Never use a damaged battery or charger. Only use the charger indoors.