Nokia Lumia 800
I absolutely love this phone. It is easy to use and has great features. I had the N8 before I got this phone and there is simply no comparison.
I highly recommend this phone.
9 August 2012
Overall good phone but some extremely annoying features!
Things I love about this phone:
- Camera is easy to use, easy to access (side button is very useful) and very good quality for a phone.
- Internet navigation is simple.
- Apps are arranged alphabetically by default (my previous phone - an Android - would rearrange the apps every time the phone got turned off).
- Screen size and resolution are great.
- Screen doesn't get scratched.
- Operating system is easy to use and has a good appearance.
By contrast there are a few things that drive me ABSOLUTELY insane about this phone:
- You cannot save drafts of texts.
- You cannot "lock" texts to protect them from deletion. In other words you have to delete the whole thread at once, or go through and delete the messages you don't want just to preserve your favourite messages.
- When writing you cannot seem to easily put the cursor in the middle of the word. When I tap on the word it selects the whole thing which means if I make a slight spelling mistake in the middle I have to retype the whole word, I can't just go to the middle and fix one letter. I realise there is an auto suggestion for spelling but the imprecision of the cursor is still very annoying.
- You cannot unsync your contacts. You cannot hide some contacts and show others, i.e. your hotmail contacts are either all shown or all hidden but you cannot have a mixture. This is very bothersome because I have email addresses stored for people I would never text or call and it then clutters up the address book.
- You cannot delete all contacts from your phone at once. You have to go through and delete them individually. It wouldn't be hard to make a "select" for deletion option.
- The "people" tile on the home page won't stop displaying my friends' profile pictures. This is probably the most bothersome feature. I don't like seeing various faces every time I open the phone, especially when they're of acquaintances I might rarely contact. Or even ex-partners who I might still have stored an address for. Not a cool feature at ALL!
- The range of apps isn't the greatest. Hopefully this will improve in time.
Overall this is a good phone but the few design flaws mentioned above really detract from what is an otherwise-awesome product. I sincerely hope this feedback gets taken on board and improved for future versions.
13 December 2012