No. From 2013, you do not have to connect your phone to your computer for the update. You can simply download and install the update wirelessly using either a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. Data transmission costs may apply. For more info, see the user guide of your phone.
- How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software?
- How do I resolve the “conflicting applications” error when starting one of my preinstalled applications?
- I deleted an app by accident, how can I get it back?
- Can I search for items in Nokia Store? Is there a search bar?
- Can I transfer apps from my computer to my phone using Nokia Suite?