To update your phone, you need Nokia Suite software on your computer.
Download Nokia Suite
Connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable.
Start Nokia Suite, and go to Tools > Software updates. Then select the update you want to download, and click Install.
Note: Some of the phones such as Nokia 110, Nokia 111, Nokia 112, Nokia 113, Nokia 114, Nokia 206, Nokia 301, Asha 205 and Asha 210 do not support Software updates or backup using Nokia Suite. With these phone models updating the device wirelessly Over the Air (OTA) is the only available method.
Check available software updates
Update availability may vary depending on things like your phone model, region, and network service provider or carrier. There are two ways to find out about new software updates for your phone:
1. Go to “Menu > Settings > Phone > Device updates” on your phone and select the “downl. phone sw” option to check for new updates. You can also set the phone to check for new updates automatically from “auto SW update” menu.
2. Nokia Suite will automatically notify you of new software updates when you connect your phone to your computer.
Get prepared for an update
- It is recommended that you create a backup before doing a software update using Nokia Suite or “Settings > sync & backup > create backup” function on your phone. If you create a backup using your phone, a memory card is required.
- When updating wirelessly Over the Air (OTA), the size of an update package can be several megabytes, so unless you have a data plan it is recommended that you use a Wi-Fi connection.
- Check that your phone is set to the correct date and time. With a wrong date or time, your phone won’t be able to access the updates.
- Before starting the update, make sure your phone has enough battery power. If the battery level is low, charge the battery before starting the update.
- Make sure there is enough space on your phone memory for the update. If necessary, remove some apps or other large items or move them to the memory card.
- After the update, you can re-download apps from Nokia Store.
Trouble installing an update?
If you have problems during the software update, you can try our Nokia Support Discussions to solve them.