This FAQ applies to Nokia Lumia phones with Windows Phone 7.
It is possible to create playlists on your Lumia handset, without your PC. Doing it with Zune on your PC is much more flexible.
First you will need to create the playlist on Zune before synchronising it to your Lumia.
- Open Zune on your PC.
- Go to your Collection, where all your music, videos, photos and podcasts are stored.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, underneath the Search box, select Playlists.
- This is where you will be creating new and editing your existing playlists.
- To create a new one, press New Playlist – this is towards the bottom left of the screen.
- Give the playlist a name, such as ‘Exercise Music’ or whatever you want to call it and click OK.
Now that the playlist has been created, you now need to add / remove tracks and then synchronise the playlists to your Lumia.
- To add tracks, on your music collection drag songs, artists or albums to the playlist icon in the bottom left of the screen – this is the black sheet of paper with three white lines across it (If you have more than one playlist, then you will need to select which playlist you want to add the song or songs to).
- If you wish to remove or rename a playlist, right-click on the name of the playlist and those options will appear.
- Finally, synchronise the playlists to your Lumia. Connect your Lumia to your PC with the USB cable, Then, just like how you sync pictures to your phone, just drag each playlist that you want to synchronise to the phone icon in the bottom right corner.
To access the playlist on your Lumia, just open Music & Videos > Music and then swipe across until you see the playlists screen.
How helpful was this to you?
Thank you for rating
Thank you for your feedback