You need a Windows Live ID (also called Microsoft account) to use Upload to SkyDrive. If you don’t have one yet, you can create it when you start using the Upload to SkyDrive app.
1. Start Upload to SkyDrive app from the main menu.
2. Tap Sign in.
3. Sign in with your Windows Live ID and password. If you don’t have a Windows Live account yet, select Sign up, and follow the instructions shown on the phone.
4. Select the types of data you want to transfer: Contacts or Photos.
5. Tap Continue.
6. By default, your data is uploaded automatically, and the size of your photos is downscaled before the upload. If you want to change the default settings, tap Settings.For Automatic upload, select:
On - to use any connection when uploading. If a Wi-Fi connection is not available, the cost of the upload depends on your data plan, and you are asked for confirmation. Automatic upload starts 5 minutes after you have added or modified your stuff.On, via Wi-Fi only - to allow uploads only when a Wi-Fi connection is available.Off - to not allow automatic uploads.Actual size or Downscaled - for photo quality.
7. When you are done, press the back key on your phone.
8. If you have enabled automatic uploads, the upload starts automatically after a moment. Otherwise, to start the upload manually, tap Upload.
If you need to stop the upload, tap Cancel. To hide the SkyDrive app, tap Hide. To reopen the app, swipe down from notification area, and tap the upload progress. If your phone does not have the status menu, reopen the app from the main menu.