On the start screen,
- Select Call menu.
- Tap the 3 dots at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- With SIM security switched on, tap Change SIM PIN (at the bottom).
- Type your SIM PIN and press Enter.
- When prompted to Enter new SIM PIN, type a new PIN and press Enter.
- When prompted to Confirm new SIM PIN, type the new PIN again and press Enter.
- The message SIM PIN changed displays briefly.
The new SIM PIN must be 4 to 8 digits long. The PIN code protects your SIM card against unauthorised use and is provided with the SIM card. After three consecutive incorrect PIN code entries, the code is blocked, and you need to use the PUK code to unblock it before you can use the SIM card again. Contact your service provider (operator) if you do not know the PUK code.
Note: If this is the first time a PIN has been set for the SIM card in your phone, type the PIN code you have got from the operator, and then tap Enter. 1234 is a common default PIN for some SIM cards. If the PIN code does not work, contact your mobile operator for the correct default PIN.