The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during flight (airplane) mode is comply with local regulations. There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection on my Lumia phone
- I cannot send or receive multimedia messages on my Lumia phone
- How do I disable or reset the text suggestions on my Lumia phone?
- The block number feature disappeared from the call history on my Lumia, how do I get it back?
- How do I configure my number to be private when I call someone on my Lumia phone?