Always have your favorite apps but a tap away. You can pin apps, contacts, and websites to the start screen, and group tiles as you like. Some tiles can be resized, or turned live to show, for example, the latest news.
- Tap and hold the tile you want to move.
- Drag and drop the tile to a new location.
To quickly move a tile from one side of the screen to the other, drag the tile to the bottom of the screen, and hold it still for a couple of seconds. The start screen zooms out, and you can easily move the tile to a new location anywhere on the screen.
To create a new group, drop the tile onto an empty space on the screen.
Pin an app
- Tap and hold the app, and tap .
Changed your mind? To clear the selection, tap the app again.
Unpin a tile
- On the start screen, tap and hold a tile, and tap .
Unpinning a tile removes it from the start screen, but it doesn't, for example, uninstall the app or remove the website from your favorites.
Change tile settings
- On the start screen, tap and hold the tile to show the tile options.
You can, for example, resize some tiles, or switch a live tile on or off. The live tiles update when your tablet is connected to the internet.