The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during Flight mode is comply with regulations.There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- What is visual voicemail and how do I switch it on?
- What is the Windows Phone Find My Phone functionality, and how does that work?
- How do I resize the tiles on the start screen of the Nokia Lumia to a different size?
- How can I transfer my office documents to my Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8?
- Which version of Windows Phone does my Lumia have?