The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during Flight mode is comply with regulations.There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- How can I personalise my Lumia Windows Phone 8?
- From the start screen, how do I get to the list where all the apps are?
- How can I reduce a data usage on my Nokia Lumia phone?
- What is the shortcut to activate silent mode on my Nokia Lumia phone?
- What are the benefits of the Storage Check app on my Lumia with Windows Phone 8?