- Setup a default mobile data access point, go to Settings > access point, and select your network operator.
- Confirm with your network operator that you have an active mobile data subscription (access to internet) on your SIM card.
- Enable the cellular data connection on your phone, go to Settings > cellular and switch Data connection to On.
- Check that your data roaming is activated when you are not in your home network, go to Settings > cellular and select data roaming options.
- If the data connection is lost, try reconnecting by switching Flight mode on and back off: Tap Settings > Flight mode. This resets the active data connection.
- If you have Multi-SIM (two SIM cards of the same mobile phone number), note that SMS and MMS can only be received on your assigned “primary” SIM card.
- If you have a known Wi-Fi network running in the background, this can trigger the Wi-Fi network connection to be established. In this case, tap Settings > WiFi and switch WiFi networking temporary Off.
The previous actions usually solve your problem. If it does not help, insert your SIM card in another device and retry. If it is working in another device, contact your network operator for Internet and MMS settings reconfiguration or you may need reset the phone to factory settings (Settings > about > reset your phone).