- Check that you have not muted your microphone.
- In some phones, there are two microphones: one on the bottom of the phone and one on the top. Make sure that:
- Your hand is not covering the microphone when you hold the phone.
- You are speaking toward the microphone when you are in a call.
- Your phone’s carrying case accessory is not covering the microphone.
- Check if the issue is with a specific number on outgoing or incoming calls.
- Use the volume keys to adjust the sound volume, if it is set unnecessarily too loud it may cause some echo effect to the other end.
- Record an audio clip, and play the recording. If you can hear the recording, the issue is not with your microphone. To record a clip, go to Messaging > New (+) > Attach and tap voice note.
- If possible, try a wired headset.
If the problem persists, restart your phone by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously until the phone vibrates. Release and the phone will restart.