First set up a WLAN connection or check that you are in coverage of a 3G or 4G network. Even if you have never used Skype before, you can create a new account using your phone. To create a new account:
- Start Skype.
- If you are starting Skype for the first time, review and accept the terms and conditions.
- On the sign in page, tap create account.
- You will be redirected to skype.com where you can create a new account.
- After creating the account you can launch the application and sign in.
The account you created can be used on any other version of Skype, such as Skype for Windows, Skype for Mac or Skype on your TV. You can also use an existing account if you already have one. Simply enter your Skype Name and password, then tap sign in. Learn more about merging your Skype and Microsoft accounts.
To uninstall the Skype application:
- Press the start key to go to the home screen.
- Swipe to the application list.
- Scroll down to find Skype.
- Tap and hold Skype, then select uninstall.