The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during flight (airplane) mode is comply with local regulations. There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- Why do I get error code 0x80070435 when updating my Lumia?
- How can I block phone calls and text messages on my Lumia using the call+SMS filter app?
- Is Microsoft account required for my Lumia phone to work?
- Why can I not see new features after updating to Lumia Cyan?
- My Lumia phone does not work or respond as expected