Try these fixes if, for example, your phone randomly reboots, freezes or does not switch on, if an app crashes, if you have sound problems, or if the screen is blank:
1. Restart your phone.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously for 10-15 seconds. Release and the phone will restart. After this operation, you may need to set the date and time on the phone.
If the problem persists, reset and restore your phone as instructed below.
2. Reset and restore your phone.
- This erases all personal content on your phone and restores the factory settings.
- Before continue with the reset, make sure your phone’s battery level is above 50%. To check the remaining battery life, go to Settings > battery saver. If you are not able to check it, or the level is too low, charge your phone for at least 20 minutes.
Option 1: If your phone powers on and allows you access to your phone settings: Select Settings > About > Reset your phone.
Option 2: If your phone will not power on, follow the steps below:
- Switch off your phone, and disconnect the charger.
- Press and hold the volume down key, and connect the charger. If an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen, release the volume down key.
- Then press the volume and power keys in the following order: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down.
- Wait for your phone to reset, during the reset you will see gears rotating on the screen for up to 5 minutes, after which the screen goes blank for ~30 seconds and then your phone will restart.
- Go through the initial phone setup. Make sure that you have the date and time set correctly on your phone (Settings > date+time).
- Disconnect the charger.