The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during flight (airplane) mode is comply with local regulations. There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- What to check if I can't add or create the Microsoft account on my Lumia phone during the initial setup?
- How can I unlock my phone so I can use another network operator’s SIM card?
- My phone does not recognise my SIM card
- I have forgotten my PIN or PUK code
- After updating to Lumia Cyan, my calendar app shows time in 12 hour format. What can I do?