Try these fixes if, for example, your phone freezes or does not switch on, if an app crashes, if you have sound problems, or if the screen is blank:
1. Restart your phone.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously for 10-15 seconds. Release and the phone will restart.
If the problem persists, reset and restore your phone as instructed below.
2. Reset and restore your phone.
Important: This erases all personal content on your phone and restores the factory settings.
- Make sure your phone’s battery level is above 50%. To check the battery level, go to Settings > Battery Saver > Remaining Battery Life. If you are not able to check it, or the level is too low, charge your phone for at least 20 minutes.
- Switch off your phone, and disconnect the charger.
- Press and hold the volume down key, and connect the charger. An exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
- Press the keys in the following order: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down. Your phone resets, and boots up. This may take several minutes.
3. Update your phone software
You may not be using the most recent software for your phone.
- To check if there is new software available for your phone, on the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings > phone update > check for updates.
- See more information on updating your phone software.