- Check that you have the latest updates installed on your computer. Your computer has to be connected to the internet to perform this.
- Start by disconnecting your phone and other USB devices connected to your computer.
- Switch off the phone. Connect a compatible USB cable first to the phone and then to the computer end. If the connection was successful, the phone vibrates and the drivers will load.
- Enter your phone's lock screen password if prompted, then you should be able to see your phone in Windows Explorer and Windows Media Player.
- If your computer can detect your phone but cannot load the driver, check to see that your phone is listed under Portable devices in your computer’s Device Manager (press the Start button, type Device Manager and press enter).
- If Windows Device Manager indicates a device problem or if the driver version of Windows Phone that is installed is not the current version, update the driver. To do this, follow the steps guided at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749484.
If you cannot ensure that your computer has all available software updates installed, there is also a desktop Windows Phone app for syncing with the phone. If you use a Mac, use the Windows Phone app for Mac, available at www.windowsphone.com.