1. Restart your phone
- Remove the battery, and put it back into the phone.
- Switch your phone on.
2. Reset and restore your phone
- Select Menu > Settings > Rest. factory sett. There are two options to follow, depending on whether:
- The phone keeps the personal data, select Settings only.
- The phone resets all preference settings and delete all personal data, select All.
- Select Continue when prompted to confirm and type in the security code if asked.
- Wait for your phone to reset. Go through the initial phone setup, if the date and time are shown, ensure the values are correct.
3. Update your phone software
In some cases, the issue may be solved by updating your phone software to the latest version. See more information on updating your phone software.
4. Recover your phone software
If the software update did not help, or if your phone cannot load the start screen, you can try to recover it using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool.