Update your Nokia Lumia tablet with Windows RT software wirelessly for enhanced features and improved performance. You don’t need any cables or computer, just download and install the update using your tablet and an internet connection – using a Wi-Fi connection is best.
Nokia Lumia 2520.
How can I update my Nokia Lumia tablet with Windows RT?
Software updates from Nokia and Microsoft are safe to install, and your settings, apps, photos, and text messages remain safe and sound.
Updates are free of charge, but to download the update, you need an internet connection. Use a Wi-Fi connection to avoid mobile data transmission costs.
Step 1. Your tablet notifies you when an update is available for you. Before starting the update, connect a charger, or make sure your tablet has enough battery power.
Step 2. To view and to install the updates, just tap the notification message, and follow the instructions shown on your tablet. You can install the update immediately or postpone the update to a more convenient time.
Step 3. The update takes around 15-30 minutes, and you are not able to use your tablet during the update installation. You may need to restart your tablet to finish the installation.
How can I check if updates are available for my Nokia Lumia tablet?
Update availability may vary depending on your tablet model, region, and network service provider or carrier. Your tablet automatically checks for updates on a daily basis.
To check for updates yourself:
Step 1. On your tablet, swipe in from the right of the screen, and tap Settings > Change PC Settings > Update and Recovery > Windows Update.
Step 2. Tap Check now.
Step 3. If there are updates available, tap View Details.
Step 4. Tap to select the updates you want to install, and tap Install. You may need to restart your tablet to finish the installation.
What if I have trouble installing an update?
- Before starting the update, connect a charger, or make sure your tablet has enough battery power.
- It is recommended that you create a backup before doing an update. For more info, check the Microsoft support page.
- Check that your tablet is set to the correct time and date. With a wrong date or time, your tablet isn’t able to access the updates.
- Make enough space on your tablet for the update. If necessary, remove some apps or other large items. To check available memory, swipe in from the right of the screen, and tap Settings > Change PC settings > Search and apps > App sizes. Under App sizes, you can see the amount of available memory.
- If the update is not successful, you can check for troubleshooting tips from the Microsoft support page.
If you can't find a solution to your problem in the info above, you can also try our Discussions community.
Tip! An update package can be several megabytes in size, so it is recommended that you use a Wi-Fi connection. Wi-Fi connection is your tablet’s default connection method.