Sanjay Goel, President of Global Services and President of Nokia Operations
Sanjay has 30 years of experience across the telecommunications, information technology and engineering industries. As the President of Global Services, Sanjay is responsible for the business that deploys, supports and operates communication service providers’ networks for the 5G era.
Sanjay is also President of Nokia Operations, bringing his experience in strengthening operational excellence, digitalization and automation in Global Services to benefit the entire company. He is responsible for supply chain, procurement, quality and all supporting cross-company processes.
Sanjay joined Nokia in 2001 and has held many senior management roles across the organization. Prior to his current role, Sanjay led the Global Services Sales organization globally since the acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent. This included developing and implementing a sales strategy, go-to-market models and sales performance with specific focus on growing Nokia’s Professional Services as well as diversification into new markets and verticals.
Before joining Nokia, Sanjay worked with IBM and Asea Brown Boveri in the IT and Engineering sectors for close to 11 years. During that time, he gained varied experience in different roles including sales & marketing, account management and project management.
Sanjay has Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a specialization in Electronics and Communications from Manipal Institute of Technology, India. In his spare time, Sanjay enjoys music, reading and likes to explore new places and cultures. He is currently based in Finland.
- President of Global Services, Nokia, 2018–present
- President of Nokia Operations, Nokia, 2020–present
- Senior Vice President, Global Services Sales, Global Services, Nokia, 2015–2018
- Vice President Services, Customer Operations - Asia Middle East & Africa, Nokia Networks, 2012–2015
- Head of Global Services, Asia Pacific & Japan, Nokia Siemens Networks, 2009–2012
- Head of Managed Services, Asia Pacific (incl India & Japan), Nokia Siemens Networks, 2007–2009
- Lead Sales Director, Hutchison Global CBT, Nokia Networks, 2006–2007
- Account Director, Hutchison India CT, Nokia Networks, 2004–2006
- Account Manager Roles, Nokia Networks, 2001–2004
- Country Manager, Storage System Division, Enterprise Systems Group, IBM India, 2000–2001
- Deputy General Manager, Industrial Sector, IBM India, 1999–2000
- Business Manager, IBM India, 1996–1999
- Engineering Roles, Industrial Process Automation, Asea Brown Boveri Ltd, 1990–1996