- Fully virtualized software cuts delivery of OSS and CEM from weeks to days
- 30% less hardware to run virtualized OSS and CEM in data centers
- New online catalog for efficient, secure delivery of software
Espoo, Finland - 17 February 2015
Nokia Networks is expanding its telco cloud portfolio with fully virtualized Operations Support System (OSS) and Customer Experience Management (CEM). To gain the speed and flexibility benefits of the cloud era, OSS and CEM can now be delivered as software only to operator data centers. This reduces delivery time from weeks to days, enabling operators to benefit from state-of-the-art software capabilities immediately when they are released.
Implementing OSS and CEM in a shared data center means that up to 30% less hardware is needed, which translates into lower capital and energy costs. Remote software delivery also reduces the complexity of integration projects. Virtualized OSS and CEM increases their business agility, enabling them to quickly benefit from new revenue opportunities created by CEM, for example.
Application catalog for OSS and CEM for secure delivery
Nokia Networks launches a new channel for operators to ensure secure, private and controlled remote delivery of virtualized products. OSS and CEM software can be ordered from the application catalog, which is based on the existing Nokia Remote Access Service.
- Operators are increasingly co-locating software on shared hardware to cut the need for hardware, energy and floor space, bringing operational and capital cost savings
- Operators have flexibility in how they buy Nokia OSS and CEM solutions:
- as software only with the operator taking responsibility for infrastructure purchase
- as software as a service (SaaS) hosted by Nokia Networks*
- as a full system delivered by Nokia Networks, including software and infrastructure
- Nokia's virtualized OSS and CEM will be shown at the Nokia Experience Center, Hall 3, Stand 3B10, alongside the company's other telco cloud components
Did you know?
Today, all of the world's biggest operators use Nokia's Operations Support Systems. The company's NetAct is the first virtualized major OSS product in the market and manages networks of more than 370 operators. Industry analyst firms recognize Nokia Networks as the market leader in CEM** with a wide portfolio and deep know-how across network and IT systems. Nokia's OSS and CEM solutions can be used for conventional and virtual networks.
Click here to download a picture that illustrates virtualized OSS and CEM.
For other Nokia Networks launches at Mobile World Congress, view the news at www.networks.nokia.com/performance.
- Press Blockbuster: Nokia Networks expands telco cloud portfolio, advances towards radio cloud
Connect with Nokia Networks:
- Twitter: @nokianetworks
TAGS: virtualization, cloud, CEM, OSS, data center, network performance
Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Nokia Networks is the world's specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world's most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.http://networks.nokia.com/ // http://company.nokia.com
Phone: +358 7140 02869
* The software as a service (SaaS) hosting model is currently available for Nokia Service Quality Manager and Nokia Performance Manager.
** "[Nokia has] The most complete CEM product set on the market that captures customer feedback and KPI's from operational systems and the network", Justin Van Der Lande, Principal Analyst, Analysys Mason, Customer Experience Management: a multi-vendor solution is required to address all CEM needs, January 2015.
"Nokia's CEM solution has a horizontal focus towards combining network and service information and market survey data (such as Net Promoter scoring), for quantifiable results to calibrate CEM led optimization initiatives. While other players have similar solutions, we believe that Nokia is differentiated in its approach towards relating abstract CEM concepts to quantifiable business outcomes", Tolaga Research, Operationalizing Customer Experience Management, A Network Centric Perspective, December 2014.