- Further expands its TD-LTE footprint with deployment of Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Stations across the country, supporting 18 provinces and mega cities including Beijing, Guangdong and Shanghai
- Nokia Networks' services expertise assures best network performance for hundreds of millions of China Mobile subscribers
- Nokia carrier aggregation and Flexi Zone small cells will provide increased capacity and coverage in China Mobile's network, thus driving additional user traffic
Beijing, China - 13 October 2015
Nokia Networks has been commissioned to provide its latest TD-LTE-Advanced technology to China Mobile. The world's biggest mobile operator plans to deploy one million TD-LTE base stations by the end of 2015, with Nokia Networks being the largest non-Chinese vendor. The new deal marks the third phase of an ongoing TD-LTE deployment with China Mobile and another milestone in the successful co-operation between the two companies. With this network upgrade and expansion, even more China Mobile subscribers will benefit from high-quality mobile broadband connectivity, extended coverage and capacity, and super-fast Internet response times.
Nokia Networks' services expertise and experience from past global achievements* will ensure the rapid and smooth execution of China Mobile's comprehensive TD-LTE rollout project.
Products and services delivered by Nokia Networks:
- TD-LTE-Advanced technology, based on the Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station, to support a wide range of frequency bands including 2.6 GHz (band 41), 2.3 GHz (band 40) and 1.9 GHz (band 39)
- Carrier aggregation software for both macro and small cells to efficiently combine the various spectrums for faster data transmission
- Extensive Network Planning and Optimization services including small cell planning, performance assurance and optimization to maximize the return on investment from new software features
Mike Wang, President of Greater China, Nokia Networks, said: "This new TD-LTE-Advanced deal is a big achievement that makes us the number one non-Chinese network vendor in China for the third year in a row. We are proud to support China Mobile with this network expansion project, further building on over 20 years of partnership."
Recent highlights of the successful co-operation between China Mobile and Nokia Networks:
- China Mobile demonstrates 220 Mbps peak data transmission rates based on 3.5 GHz interband TD-LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation at Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2015
- Nokia Networks, China Mobile and Ooredoo achieve 4.1 Gbps speed with TDD-FDD carrier aggregation
- Nokia Networks, China Mobile triple TD-LTE throughput using 3 carrier aggregation at Mobile World Congress 2015 in Barcelona
- Nokia Networks, Shanghai Mobile show world's first TD-LTE-Advanced small cell carrier aggregation in a live operator network
- Nokia Networks enables China Mobile to support 1 million visitors at Auto Shanghai 2015
- Nokia Networks, China Mobile Shanghai support international sports event in Shanghai with record-breaking 600 simultaneous active TD-LTE users/cell
Did you know?
As of September 2015, Nokia Networks has more than 50 commercial references on six continents for the delivery of TD-LTE radio technology.
Connect with Nokia Networks:
- Subscribe to receive our product news alerts
TAGS: China Mobile, LTE, TD-LTE, TD-LTE-Advanced, network expansion, network upgrade, Nokia Networks
By focusing on the human possibilities of technology, Nokia embraces the connected world to help people thrive. Our three businesses are leaders in their fields: Nokia Networks provides broadband infrastructure, software and services; HERE provides mapping, navigation and location intelligence; and Nokia Technologies provides advanced technology development and licensing.
Nokia Networks, which provides broadband infrastructure, software and services, operates at the forefront of our industry. From the first ever call on GSM to the first call on LTE, we have set the pace of innovation, a record that continues with future technologies such as 5G. Together with our operator customers, who serve close to 5 billion subscribers, we are embracing the opportunity of the connected world and helping to solve its challenges.
Phone: +86 10 5896 5204
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900
* Nokia Networks completes more than 300,000 site activities every year, with a new site going live every 100 seconds.