- Security Management Center provides a single point of control for multi-vendor networks
- Simplifies and accelerates attack detection and response for operators
- Nokia introduces NetGuard as the new brand name for its current and future security portfolio
2 February, 2016
Espoo, Finland - Nokia has launched the NetGuard Security Management Center, bolstering its security solution family at a time when threats linked to an ever-connected world are on the rise. NetGuard Security Management Center is a consolidated, easy-to-use software platform that lets an operator monitor and control all the multi-vendor security systems deployed across its telecommunications network. Combining the monitoring and configuration of different systems in one place enhances security because incidents can be analyzed and correlated centrally to protect against threats that could otherwise go undetected by isolated security systems.
As well as the quick and easy detection and prevention of attacks, NetGuard Security Management Center also increases operational efficiency and lowers the total cost of security for operators through automated and consistent mass configuration of security policies, bulk firmware upgrades and verification of vendor-specific security hardening settings.
Click to Tweet: Nokia simplifies operators' security configuration, monitoring and analysis #MWC16 http://nokia.ly/1P04orP #telcosecurity
Security Management Center at a glance:
- Security Management Center integrates all network security systems, regardless of vendor, to monitor security status and manage incidents, vulnerabilities, security policies and network access.
- The solution watches for threats in networks by proactively detecting security weaknesses and correlating them according to its internal database.
- Security analytics are then applied by a rules-based, configurable decision-making engine that triggers automatic corrective action or helps operators implement a manual response.
- The system optimizes the configuration of security parameters and thus reduces the risk of network infrastructure attacks.
- Unlike vertical solutions dedicated to protecting network elements, Security Management Center offers a comprehensive view of the whole network, correlating events coming from typically isolated layers such as radio access, transport, core and operations to detect and mitigate a wider range of threats.
Dr. Stefan Pütz, Vice President Network and Infrastructure Security, Group Security Services, at Deutsche Telekom (DT) said: "We at Deutsche Telekom highly appreciate Nokia's approach, which comprehensively addresses security with a consolidated solution that brings much greater value than the sum of individual security modules. For instance, with the automated security audit together with security alarm correlation, we will be able to pinpoint attacks that today's networks simply cannot detect."
Giuseppe Targia, head of Security at Nokia, said: "Networks are becoming more heterogeneous and open, leaving them increasingly prone to cyberattacks. Any subsequent degradation of network performance, whether a partial or complete outage, is one of the biggest threats to operators. The impact of such an event can range from a few dissatisfied customers to severe damage to the entire business. Our NetGuard Security Management Center gives operators confidence that their whole networks are safe, not just some individually protected parts."
Did you know?
Security is a very real concern for the Internet of Things. Any device with an IP address is potentially vulnerable to a malicious attack. In the Vodafone Barometer 2015, 64% of businesses responded that security and privacy are the most common obstacles in the way of machine-to-machine adoption.
Connect with Nokia:
- Subscribe to receive our product news alerts
TAGS: MWC 16, telco security, security
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. http://nokia.com
Phone: +358 10 448 4900